Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Amy Ruttan's New Release - DARE SHE DATE AGAIN

Today, MBB welcomes Amy Ruttan today.  Her new release, DARE SHE DATE AGAIN is a great read.  I took the opportunity to ask this talented author some questions about her work.

Born and raised in Toronto, Ontario, Amy fled the big city to settle down with the country boy of her dreams. When she's not furiously typing away at her computer, she's a mom to three children.

Life got in the way, and after the birth of her second child, she decided to pursue her dream of becoming a romance author.

AMY RUTTAN ON THE WEB:


Website       Twitter        Facebook



How do you come up with the ideas for new stories?
Anything can inspire an idea; music, a picture, a dream, a trip to 
a new place or even a trip to a familiar place. I like car rides. I 
hang around on Pinterest a lot and pin pictures I like. My current 
work in progress is based on a picture of a former Marine who 
does modelling now, but only has one leg. He’s my inspiration for 
my current hero.

Does writer's block ever happen to you?
Yes! It has happened to me. It happens mostly when I’m stressed. I had a heck of a time starting my current work in progress took a lot longer than I anticipated to start. I had everything worked out, my editor sent me her suggestions, but I was blanking. The end of summer and early part of the fall was a very stressful time in my personal life.

How do you/would you cope if/when it strikes?
I just power through. I have contracted deadlines and I know if I spoke to my editor or agent and told them why and what was going on they would give me an extension, but I can’t rely on that. This is a business and personally I want to meet the expectations. I want to meet my deadlines. So I power through, even if I only write half a page that will be edited out later at least it’s writing. As Nora Roberts said, “You can’t fix a blank page”.

Of all the stories you've written, what's your favourite?

I don’t have a favorite. I like them all for different reasons. The 
easiest one for me to write was Melting the Ice Queen’s Heart 
(Feb 2014). The one that made me cry the most when I was 
writing it was Pregnant with the Soldier’s Son (July 2014). My 
most challenging to date was Dare She Date Again? (Oct 2014). 
It took a few revisions to get it right. Each book affects me a 
different way.

Do you live in your' character's world while you write?

I try to as much as I can. I can’t think ahead about my other 
projects too much. I’m very invested in what I’m currently writing 
at the time.

DARE SHE DATE AGAIN

DARE SHE DATE AGAIN?

To love again...? 

Single mom and paramedic Samantha Doxtator has been living with a broken heart after losing her 

husband years ago. Now she's finally back on track and following her dream to become an air ambulance 

pilot...after training one last student—George Atavik!

Since nearly losing his life in a plane crash, George will not waste the second chance he's been given, 

and he won't deny the sparks flying between him and his new mentor. Does Samantha dare risk her own 

carefully guarded heart for another opportunity at happiness?



Enter this Goodreads Giveaway to win signed copies!







Enter this to win! a Rafflecopter giveaway

13 comments:

It's great to get your visit. Please let me know what you think of the post.....