Monday, April 11, 2016

Today, MBB welcomes back author Ella Carey, who's talking about her new release, THE HOUSE BY THE LAKE. Ella Carey is the author of that beautifully crafted novel THE PARIS TIME CAPSULE, which I enjoyed some time back.


Ella Carey on the web:


Facebook        Twitter        Author Page    Website





Ella,  please share a short bio with us.

I am an Australian writer. My debut novel was Paris Time Capsule and my second novel, The House by the Lake was released on March 29th, 2016 with Lake Union Publishing. I have degrees in Arts and in Music and I write full time. Other than that, my teenagers keep me incredibly busy! I love to read, walk and travel when I can- and I love spending time with my friends. One day, I will take up art classes, resume my French, and start playing the piano again, but for now, I am simply flat out!

What inspires your writing?

That is such a good question- I could say that everything inspires story ideas, but really, I’d have to say that for me it's travel, stories that people tell me and history that definitely gets me going. If I have an instinctive reaction to something, then often, I’m hooked and a story idea starts to develop. Stories choose me, not the other way around!  

What made you press on with this writing project when things were difficult? Because they must have been, sometimes.

Yes, you have difficult times while writing any book. Challenges come up- life gets in the way! But, the answer to what kept me going was my characters, and the belief that I had in this story. Once you become invested in characters, they really become dear to you. If letting them go out into the world once they are published is like putting your children on a train- then stopping writing about them would be like abandoning them completely. So, I just pushed on. 

Please sum up your plot in a tweet sized sentence

Anna Young is shocked when her grandfather reveals that she is part of a German aristocratic family who lost everything during the second world war. It is his ardent wish that she return there to retrieve a precious item he was forced to leave behind in 1940.

Future plans?

My third novel will be released with Lake Union in the US and on Amazon worldwide in October 2016, and Harlequin Australia will be releasing an Australian and New Zealand, print version of Paris Time Capsule in September 2016. I’m editing book three right now, and working hard on book four. Thank you so much for having me Maria!

THE HOUSE BY THE LAKE

 Anna is content with her well-ordered life in San Francisco. But her world is turned upside down when her beloved grandfather, Max, reveals a startling secret: Anna is part of an aristocratic family who lost everything during World War II. What’s more, Max was forced to leave behind a precious item over seventy years ago in their estate in old Prussia. It’s now his ardent wish that Anna retrieves it.
Anna burns with questions as she heads for Germany: What memento could be so important to her grandfather? And why did he keep their history hidden? As she searches for answers, she finds herself drawn to Wil, a man who may hold the key to unlock the mystery. Together they discover that her family’s secrets are linked with an abandoned apartment in Paris, and these secrets go deeper than she ever imagined.

Alternating between 1930s Europe and the present, The House by the Lake illuminates the destiny of a family caught in the tumult of history.

Buy Links:    
Amazon Kindle          Amazon Paperback        Audio CD
Amazon UK              Book Depository

1 comment:

  1. Great to read more about you, congrats on the release Ella.

    ReplyDelete

It's great to get your visit. Please let me know what you think of the post.....